Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Cake - how sweet it is."
(A quick note to my children.)
I was driving down  main street and I saw a pristine chocolate cake sitting in the middle of the road and it was still wrapped in the plastic covering . It had reminded me of the times when God had sent things into our lives that we needed and just when we needed them. Like the time I needed a winter coat for Rose and I found one exactly her size and for the amount of money I had in my pocket. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me and these events have solidified my belief in God to such an extent that I've become militant about him. Once I had scoffed and said, "God, if your for real then send me a flower vase just like my broken  Madonna and Christ child flower vase  that sits in my kitchen window only the one you send can't be cracked and it has to be smaller to fit on the window ledge better and I want  it for a quarter"..... "I laughed and said, "Good luck with that." (I never speak to him in that tone anymore and I always say please and thank you)

As I purchased my perfect  Madonna and Christ flower vase - for a quarter, I rambled on and on in public saying ... "I can't believe God did this!" "I just can't believe it!"  I walked back to my car and cried because it occured to me that not only did God hear me but he also cared about me but what I thought next put me into a cold sweat, "Oh, God,  then I suppose you've heard everything I've ever said or thought too!  I cried some more only those tears were mostly from  the realization of "Oh, crap I'm in big trouble."

*************
Children I want you to understand that as the suffering in your life  begins to pan out you gotta know that
no matter what, God  will take care of you. I wont tell you that your not going to suffer because I believe you are but I am saying to trust in God with your whole heart and mind and he will not abandon you... ever! 
 In fact I'm expecting to find an occassional cake in the road.


(If anyone wants the address for  that cake just let me know)

Matt. 6:26-32

Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?  Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span? Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin.  But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them. If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith? So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?' All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness,and all these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

6 comments:

X said...

Are you serious about that vase?! Wow!

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Rev Robert Wright, Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have emailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!


Rev. Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com
www.christian.com

Melody K said...

"I wont tell you that your not going to suffer because I believe you are but I am saying to trust in God with your whole heart and mind and he will not abandon you... ever!" Good message for all of us, Belinda.
I'll bet there is an interesting story out there somewhere about how a pristine chocolate cake came to be sitting in the middle of the road!

belinda said...

Melody, Maybe God was teaching someone else a lesson in disappointment. Perhaps it was the scripture about "God giveth and God taketh away."

Vincenzo said...

"How about some Italian sausage with noodles?"

Hey that sounds good!

belinda said...

Click on the photos!

Hurry ,hurry , they crack me up! hahaha