Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Heart Of Our Catholic Faith

As a Catholic this means everything to us.
It's what we live for , and it's what we would be willing to die for it.
What is it you may ask?

It is Jesus himself, and he is literally and wholly present–body and blood, soul and divinity–under the appearances of bread and wine.
John 6:53-56
Jesus told them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him"
Matthew 26
And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body.
1 Corinthians 10
16 The chalice of benediction, which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread, which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?

No comments: