Thursday, June 4, 2009

Great Horny Toads.... It's time to get this stuff all figured out.

I was thinking about my sins again today , and I wondered if there was any group of people that I'm prejudice against, and the answer is no. I would say that I do love all kinds of people. Nazi's, and Skin heads however make me extremely uncomfortable, as do those Folsom street fair boy's , and girls, but after a through examination of my brain I decided that I am a bit bothered by the sounds of a person with a deep southern drawl. You know that twangy sound?
The many people that I have met that speak that way have been very gracious people, and so my feelings really are unfounded. ( I wonder if television has helped form this idea?)
I began to imagine what my judgement day with God could be like, as I think about this often - mostly in a panicky kind'a way.

I imagine God saying to me upon my arrival.... "Shore is nice havn'you wit uhs." "Will you be a staying?" But then I break out into a cold sweat, and think to myself , " oh ,crap. I'm in bigger trouble than I had imagined." Then I reply, "um, probably not Lord" ,but just before I send myself to hell I reply,"I'm shore nuff gonna miss ya'll."

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

My husband loathes Southern accents.

After 17 years in Texas (Houston) and growing up in St. Paul, MN, I sound like Chicago. Go figure...