Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jesus , you don't actually expect for me to serve others now do you? I thought that religion was all about what you could do for me.

Besides serving others doesn't feel very good.
So maybe you meant something else. Maybe the bible scripture is wrong or maybe you have the wrong woman in mind to follow you.
I know what I'll do , I will either ignore, remove, or tweak the parts that you say that make me uncomfortable, or that I simply don't like , you'll love me anyway... right?
And lastly , if I follow you will you still do stuff for me ?


Luke 17; 7-10
Jesus said to the Apostles:
“Who among you would say to your servant
who has just come in from plowing or tending sheep in the field,
‘Come here immediately and take your place at table’?
Would he not rather say to him,
‘Prepare something for me to eat.
Put on your apron and wait on me while I eat and drink.
You may eat and drink when I am finished’?
Is he grateful to that servant because he did what was commanded?
So should it be with you.
When you have done all you have been commanded, say,
‘We are unprofitable servants;
we have done what we were obliged to do

No comments: