Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dear God, I wanna talk about "soda pop"sandals.

I am so sorry for the time that I was upset, because my shoes didn't match my dress.

I am so sorry for the time that I wanted a newer more stylish coat, when the one that I had was just fine.

I am so sorry for eating more than my fair share of food, knowing that you have put enough food on this planet for all of the people that you've created.

I am so sorry for the times when I have failed to show love ,and compassion to the people that you have sent to live with me , and in my frustration with them I reveal a lack of gratefulness to you.

I am so sorry for any shame that I have ever expressed to you about the quality of my things, or lack thereof , and at times for just not being happy with what I have in the first place.

I am so sorry for the times that I was unhappy about the quality of my food, or the times that I threw food away just because I didn't like the way it tasted.

I am so sorry for the times when you have asked me to spend some time with you , but I refused because I felt that I had something better to do.

I am so sorry for the times that I took you , and your Mercy for granted. I forget that it was totally a gift to me - one that I do not deserve, nor was it something that I could have ever possibly earned.

I forgot how very much there is to be thankful for, I really am thankful, and I will try to do better.

Now about that buffet of food on my kitchen cabinet, but more importantly the people that will gather around it today -thank you .

Love Belinda

No comments: