Saturday, November 22, 2008

I always hated Martha's sister Mary. Especially when company is coming.


Luke 10
40 But Martha was busy about much serving. Who stood and said: Lord, hast thou no care that my sister hath left me alone to serve? speak to her therefore, that she help me.


I have often imagined myself as Martha saying to our Lord ," Dear Lord will'est thou-est hold-est my dearest sister Mary down so-ist I can slap the holy crap outta her?"

I would always squirm during Mass when our Priest would talk about Mary, ( and I was 45 at the time, ) and I would think to myself in a snide snarky kinda way. "Well ya know Lord , if it weren't for Martha ya'll would of been sitting there hungry with nothing to eat, but now looking back I would have asked our Lord to produce all of our meals.


Lazy people irritate me like no other people on this planet. but something has happened to me.

While I was searching for more "GOD" information on the internet , I accidentally (yeah, sure) ran across a blog. I was always a news girl . I never had time for useless information. It was always about God or News - that was all , but after viewing official government documents over , and over again on the web. I have come to realize that my priorities have been totally screwed up. Oh sure I long for the good ol' day's when my house was sterile, and I have profound guilt over it. (I wanna cry)

But in three months I can see my transformation. I have become a ...... gosh seriously I am having trouble accepting this- "a Mary". I understand what she was doing now. She was taking in as much of Christ as she possible could, and she couldn't get enough, and Martha was busying herself with the things of this world.
*Kate gave me this photo of Jesus. I like it , but it's a little too "hallmark special" for me . I love you Kate.

No comments: