Sunday, November 9, 2008

I hate going to sleep.

So I say to God - Please don't let my sleep be a waste of time.
Let me pray for souls.
I figure, why can't I serve while I sleep ,
you know kinda like killing two birds with one stone .
My short sided plan leaves me drained, and more often than not ,
heart broken when I wake up.
Often with migraines .
Last night- it was helicopters with laser beams mowing people down.
I hid in the base of some evergreen bushes.
When I was spotted, the laser zeroed in on me , and began firing. I then woke up gasping,
which I often do.
However most of the week it had been concentration camps, and the showers.

I spoke with a Mormon once about his dreams , and he said that prison camps are becoming a common theme with some of his Mormon friends .Wouldn't it be interesting if I find that I have believed to have been praying for other poor souls , when in fact I have been praying for myself all along.

Dear God , please don't let me be misled.

Satan, hungry like the wolf, but never satiated.

2 comments:

DionysiosD said...

Be careful, you may get what you ask for. Awakened at 3 AM to pray, clutching the rosary in your hand as you fall back asleep....or wait for the dawn. Hoping otheres aren't awakened by your wresting with God.

Clutch the rosary in bed, buy a sturdy inexpensive one for your bed rosary and hold it in your hand all night. And wear your scapular. Use frequent prayers, "Immaculate Heart of Mary Pray for us now and at the hour of our death men".

Enjoy sleep if you can because if you are can, and be grateful for that gift of rest.

belinda said...

Leo, always gives great advice.