Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sneeze alert !



Golly, I'm fine, I've never felt better. It's just a little cold. A sniffle really. And what exactly is in that vaccine? I don't think I'll tell anyone if we get the flu now. Besides I'm not a rookie Mom.
My physicians nurse told me that they didn't want to see us if we get the flu unless the symptoms become out of control, such as an excessive high fever or dehydration. She won't give us "Tamiflu" either and she said that the vaccine is a slow growing vaccine which means a long wait or shortages.

2 comments:

Melody K said...

I think my son and granddaughter had H1N1 a couple of weeks ago. Ugly cough, fever and aches for several days. Nobody wants it, but I don't think it's something to panic about unless one is in a high-risk category.

belinda said...

I think that everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

I have read over on Drudge that the flu is 30 minutes away from me at KU. I will buy some Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and drinks that have electrolytes and then I will chill. I hate to run out for supplies when a child is sick besides it would be wrong to expose others. I am waiting for our turn and I don't see how it could be avoided with as many children as we have and because of how many people we collectively come in contact on a daily basis.
Oh, well.