Wednesday, June 9, 2010


I received the Kansas State assessment scores in the mail for our 13 year old daughter Maria and she scored in the exemplary category with mostly perfect scores. When I told her of her achievement she giggled and smiled then said, "Wow, I'm smart!" Then she said sci-five mom!" (What a geek.) (A sci-five is a cross between a high five and a Vulcan hand salute.)  She aced the knowledge of Greek , Latin and Anglo Saxon portion of the test which means she's now smarter than her mother : ) She would'a aced the sci-fi portion of the test too had there been one.


The Vulcan nerve pinch is the only sign I'm familiar with.

4 comments:

swissmiss said...

Congrats to your daughter!! My son is already smarter than me. Today we were doing the last lesson of phonics for this year and he could spell raccoon, where I left out one of the c's. He patiently stood his ground and argued with me that I was wrong. Oy.

belinda said...

I forgot to post that my kids aren't perfect and we don't expect perfection. Some of our kids aren't doing very well at all and that's okay but only if it's the best they can do. Three of our children don't try very hard and my husband and I get so frustrated with them.

Joseph wrote on his math paper at the end of each question "NO" in tiny letters because he hates math and didn't want to do it. Naturally he had to rework the paper and he's slacked his way into summer school.

Vincenzo said...

Congrats Maria!

Lola said...

Bravo Maria!