Saturday, October 9, 2010


I dreamt of a young mother and her boy who lived in a high rise apartment in New York city. She was struggling to make ends meet so she decided to take in a man who could help her with the rent and then she took in another man as well. It all seemed  innocent enough and she wasn't a bad person, she was simply trying to survive and take care of her little boy. It was like a three's company situation except that one early evening she stumbled upon the men, um... let's just say embracing one another and she was filled with terror for her boy. She was a good mother and  she kept her eye on the child at all times. She would stare out of her apartment window at a tree down below and pray to God to save her and her son from the situation she had gotten the two of them into and he heard her prayers. 

*****
Then as I looked out of the apartment window I saw the building across the street with people inside who were being consumed by fire but they didn't die. They were screaming and begging for help but no one heard them. I wondered why no one came to their rescue but no one remembered that they even existed and as I prayed for them God refused to listen. I kept hearing the phrase  repeated over and over to God, "But they're aspiring, they're aspiring Lord ! " "They have potential!!" (actors or artists) But as I pleaded with God he wasn't  impressed with their aspirations and he ignored me as well.

*****
Some people are so wicked and obstinate in their sins that though they are living they live like they're already in hell. The two men who lived with the woman and her son were like that. Though they seemed nice enough at first when you got to know them they were  angry, spiteful, and full of hate.  God didn't hear the prayers I prayed for them. It was as if they never existed.




I woke up with  sorrow for the lost souls and with the song New York, New York stuck in my head.

*I will be offline for a short while.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Excellent piece, Belinda. Very thought-provoking.

belinda said...

Thank you Gina.

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Belinda: I'm praying.

belinda said...

Cathy, the dream I had was haunting and I can't stop thinking about it.

It gave me a resolve to try harder to avoid the sins which I continually stuggle with.

I am praying harder for other people as well who like us before their conversions didn't have a clue.

I'm praying harder for people who still have time. God bless them and open their eyes.

Thank you for praying with me. God bless you too.