My Thanksgiving suggestions for a non-eventful holiday.
(This post should be titled - Note to self.)
- Try not to sit beside or in front of the person who pushes your buttons.
- Give the people who say stupid things the most food. When they're busy eating they're less toxic.
- Start the morning with a prayer asking God to forgive you of your sins and ask him to help you to forgive the people who will sit at your table. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to say the right things if only for your own sake because in the end your gonna have to give an accounting to God for every word you've uttered. (Written or thought.)
- When you forgive, try to let the past go and forget about your wounds. Try not to rehash old arguments and especially when you know there is no resolution anyway and even though your positive you're right.
- When you find yourself sitting beside the person who annoys you the most consider thinking about their attributes or their talents. Even the worst people on the planet have some sort of fine qualities and try not to think about why you can't stand them. Pretend they're Jesus and it's one of those tests he likes to send.
- If you end up talking about the weather, your not really trying very hard to communicate. think harder.
- Use the media, television, radio, movies, headphones, and giant lollipops etc... to occupy the minds and mouths of the trouble makers- again , we're back to the trouble makers.
- Control your thoughts, your in charge up there and its the one place where your sins are developed and executed from.
- Be sincere when you give complements people can see right through B.S.
- Don't play "Head games" , when the verbal volleyball begins - drop the ball.
- After the occasion has passed, let it go. It's not necessary to rehash the entire event for days after inside of your head.. (I need extra help with this one because I have terrible trouble with my anxiety. It's a constant battle for me and I always lose.)I hope and pray that all of my blogger buddies have a day of real thanks giving and that God draws you even closer to himself.
Thank you all for taking precious time out of your lives to spend time with me on my (our) blog(s), I enjoy it very much. God bless you all.