Thursday, April 7, 2011

The things I thought about while I was at work yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm what cha call one of those cougars" said my  election official co-worker, they call me that  because my husband is ten years younger than I am.


As I thought, um.....  lucky boy, then I must be what cha call one of those kittens ; ) hahahaha
~~~~~~~~~
The first half of the entire morning she complained about not being able to take a break and go out to her car or maybe run to the store to buy a salad or something. As I'm thinking, "Duh, That's why they call it work, and workers generally have to be at work to be considered working."
 I thought, "Why are you complaining? We're  in a climate controlled building and the most taxing thing you have to do is to sit and ask people for their names and addresses. Who complains about a job  like that?  For me it was like a paid vacation from my housework and  laundry.  I was looking forward to getting away from  the immature whining and complaining from  children for the day but apparently I was wrong.

She asked me how many children I had and after I told her she said something rude and crude which  I purposefully ignored but how could she have said something so mean to me after I had just given her quiche for breakfast?
As I listened to  her  I remembered that people are mean to others to build themselves up.  It helps them to feel better about who they are.
~~~~~~~~
While watching her I decided that I  need to stop putting myself down  because I'm a nice person and I love people and even though I struggle with my temper  - I really am trying and if I ever had  to choose between me and you - I would choose you.
~~~~~~~~
If gay women don't like men then why do they dress like men?  I thought they weren't attracted to men.
~~~~~~~~
I don't appreciate it when an occasional voter stands in my personal space and leans in towards me to return his voter card. It's rude.
~~~~~~~~
 Co- worker Bob is a such a sweet man. He talks to his wife on the phone a couple of times a day and she packs pudding for him in his lunch but I tease him because she never remembers to send enough for the rest of us. I like chocolate pudding too Bob!
~~~~~~~~
I'm told that if your wearing red, white and blue while working an election then you're automatically considered a Republican. - Who knew?

15 comments:

Charlene said...

I don't see in your comments that you are putting yourself down. You seem quite superior to me??

belinda said...

What do you mean Miss Charlene? Do I come off as snobbish?

Vincenzo said...

I just ate chocolate pudding.

belinda said...

Vince, we can do better than that!

Maybe chocolate pudding with real whipped cream and a graham cracker crust - but now I think they call that pie. hahaha

-I'm on a diet so you don't have to share with me!

3puddytats said...

I worked in the general election last Nov..I had to write down folks' names in the book..by the end of the day I could hardly move my hand..

But it was a way cool experience..

Sara

Vincenzo said...

"Maybe chocolate pudding with real whipped cream and a graham cracker crust"

Yeah!
Did you know that Donald Trump loves waffles?

belinda said...

Vince, you might like this pancake/waffle recipe.

BTW, I bought some black rice because you said it was good. I cooked it with chicken bouillon and spices and added an onion, shredded carrots, and butter. My kids really liked it. I wont cook it with white rice again because it turned the dish purple.


-waffle/ pancake recipe-
2 cups sifted flour (I made our last batch of pancakes with 2-3/4 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of potato starch for a lighter texture.)
3/4 tsp baking soda
5 Tbls sugar
1 tsp salt
1 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 cup of warm water
3 eggs
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cardamon
Sift the dry ingredients twice while your softening the yeast in the warm water.
Add eggs , oil and buttermilk to the yeast and water mix. Add to the flour mix and stir until blended. Do not over mix. If the batter is too thick then thin it down with a little more buttermilk.

Fry cakes/ waffles with a little vegetable oil at a lower temperature slightly cooler than for regular pancakes. Then brush on a little butter.
Makes 16 5" pancakes.

Batter will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days

Vincenzo said...

Thanks that looks good.

Anonymous said...

"For me it was like a paid vacation from my housework and laundry. I was looking forward to getting away from the immature whining and complaining from children for the day but apparently I was wrong."

Thanks mom, I missed you too. <3 Grace

3puddytats said...

"I was looking forward to getting away from the immature whining and complaining from children for the day but apparently I was wrong."

Hahha...reminds me of a girlfrind--stay-at-home-mom to 5 kids and homeschooling-- awile back who just all of a sudden on a Saturday morning called me up and invited me over for coffee. Her husband was out of town on business and she said she wanted to talk about coloring hair, painting fingernails, and Mel Gibson's butt--in other word adult girlie conversation :) I stopped by the store and got some nice coffee-dunking chocolate cookies. It was fun :)

You can only watch Barney and Sesame Street for so long before your mind explodes..

Sara

belinda said...

Gracie, oops I mean Diana, You never complain or argue with your parents or siblings and our lives are better because you are in them and I love you. In fact I would like to be more like you when I grow up.
-Take me to the convent with you when you go. It's going to be difficult to live without you but a girls gotta do what God calls 'em to do. Love, Mom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sara, I understand. I miss my mind but I wasn't using it much anyway. hahaha

ignorant redneck said...

I got no chocolate pudding--but I made some really good venison sausage the other day...

belinda said...

Red, If the lights go out you would be a really handy neighbor!

Therese said...

I'm on a diet too. I would love some chocolate pudding with whipped cream. I don't think it is a part of my diet though.

belinda said...

Mum, when I work up the courage I will post a photo of me from Saturday evening. Though I've been dieting as well, I'm still fat. Now do you like me (((Charlene)))?

I shouldn't laugh but I do.