Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here's a home movie of my conversion in 1978. The details are pretty accurate.



It was more terrifying in real life, and needless to say I didn't sleep for the rest of that night. The next morning I mailed off the Knights of Columbus; "how to be a Catholic" form that was printed in the back of the TV guide magazine. I would take the tests through the mail, and hide the results in between the mattress in my room. I wasn't very good at those tests, but they meant a lot to me. I had wanted to be a Catholic since I was a small child, and for a number of reasons that I can't go into here, but suffice it to say that I was called to Catholicism.
My trouble with demons began when I became mad at God. I wanted to see if God was real. So I began to push him. I did what I thought would move him. Spells, Ouija boards, horror scopes (I know), fortune telling, automatic hand writing, drawings, and I had anger - lots of anger. I was a battered, and broken teen, and I had been a battered, and broken child. I hated everyone, but God sets limits, and I had met mine. My conversion that began at around the age of 5 had finally come to pass that night. These creatures would hover around my bed, and at times I could hear them walk through the house in a measured fashion, and on occassion whispering. You have to know that if your playing with demons ,and their toys that they actually do show up to play. Only they aren't very nice, but then when you finally do find this out it may be too late for you to turn back from what ever you have gotten yourself into.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If your playing with Ouija boards,or participating in automatic hand writing, or reading tarot cards, or horror scopes, or if your telling fortunes, or staring into mirrors, reading flames/fire, or tea leaves or the myriad of other demonic behaviors then I warn you that you are not serving the same God that I am. Do not allow yourselves to be deceived. This is very dangerous ground that you are standing on. A follower of Christ can not serve Satan ,and Christ ,and if your participating in these things then you have made your choice. While you are squaring up the facts in your mind, and making justifications remember this scripture passage.

Deuteronomy 18: 10 -12
"There shall not be found among you any one ... that useth divination,
or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer,
or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord..."

I am not trying to be mean. I really do care about my friends. I pray for the people who read my blog, and for the people that I meet when I am in public. I am trying to point you to Christ, but not crush you with any sort of self rightiousness. I don't have any self rightiousness anymore. I was crushed too - a long time ago.

1 comment:

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Thank you for this. It's good to be reminded that if you play with the devil, you WILL get the horns.