I've been tagged by Vincenzo to do a meme about food. So here goes.....
I have O.C.D. and I'm very picky about what I eat. My mother in law who happens to be one of the sweetest people on the planet once made fun of the way I eat with her girlfriend giggling and saying that I didn't like it when my food touched other food on my plate and that I only eat one food at a time until it's finished. I didn't know I did those things and I've never seen her make fun of anybody else before, however I thought she was amusing.
* BTW. Potluck dinners drive me crazy because I don't know who made what and with what ingredients or if they washed their hands or if they let their cat sample it before I did- It's a mental quandary for me.
1) What food, even if you were dying of starvation on a deserted island, would you refuse to eat?
I'd gnaw on my left arm before I'd eat shrimp. (I'll never eat a caper either)
2) What is your favorite frozen dinner entree?
I like a cheap Totinos pizza on occasion but I wont eat anything with round pieces of meat on it which resemble dog food and the stuff I've cleaned from the bunny cages. My brain tells me that this food is gross but my taste buds say, "Eh, it's not that bad," but I tend to agree with my daughter Elizabeth, who says's that eating is most often another chore, and something you have to do.
3) What is your favorite beverage?
I drink lots of water and I carry this container with me where ever I go. I won't leave the house without it and because it's in continual motion it rarely gets washed. ( I know, but remember they're my own cooties which I'm immune to - physically and mentally.)
At Christmas or Thanksgiving I'll probably drink a Sarsaparilla.
4) What condiment do you use the most?
I don't believe in condiments, I'm Catholic.
5) If you were a vitamin/nutrient which one would you be and why?
I'd be a Riboflavin /niacin combo because it's a pretty simple nutrient (brewers yeast) - used to enrich our foods, and it's found in everything from rice and breads to cereals. You don't want Pellagra.
6) If you were about to be executed for crimes against humanity what would your last meal consist of?
I would want to eat Mexican food with my activity director that had been created by an authentic Mexican person who knows what they're doing. I would also request that they call me by my first name and tell me I'm special.
(In reality when my death is imminent, I will abstain from food and pray really, really hard.)
Although I wasn't asked - My favorite dessert - Homemade blueberry pie with real ice cream. It's even better if I can eat it in the company of my daughter Grace who also loves this pie.